Reset

this art is belonged to Pascal
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci_7pByOI8d/

In the quiet confines of our shared apartment, I traced the lines of my reflection in the windowpane, my gaze lost in the city lights below. The room felt heavy with silence, a silence that had become all too familiar. It was a silence that seemed to stretch between us, enveloping us in its stifling embrace.

"I don't know how we ended up in this phase," I finally broke the silence, my voice soft but laden with the weight of unspoken words.

He shifted uneasily in his chair, his eyes avoiding mine. As always, he looks uneasy every time I brought up a deep talk.

"I've tried to remember," I admitted quietly, "but I'm not sure either."

We had once been inseparable, our laughter filling the air with warmth and joy. But somewhere along the way, the laughter had faded, replaced by an uneasy tension that neither could ignore.

"Is it when I realized that you couldn't leave your past behind?" my voice trembled with a mix of frustration and longing. "Or when I told you that I had enough with you?"

His jaw tightened, his fingers drumming nervously against the arm of his chair. Memories flooded his mind, fragments of arguments and apologies, moments of love and moments of pain.

"I don't know," he finally admitted, his voice barely above a whisper. "Maybe it was both. Maybe it was neither. But somewhere along the way, we lost each other."

Silence fell between us once more, heavy and suffocating. We were two strangers sharing the same space, our hearts weighed down by the burden of what could have been.

I turned away from the window, my eyes meeting his for the first time in what felt like an eternity. "I don't want to keep living like this," I said softly, my voice filled with resignation.

He nodded, his gaze filled with a mixture of regret and relief. "Neither do I."

And in that moment, we both knew that it was time to let go. Time to leave behind the memories that haunted and the pain that bound us. Time to start anew, even if it meant walking away from the life we had once shared.

As we stood facing each other in the fading light of the evening, we found a sense of closure in the silent understanding that passed between us. It was the end of one chapter, but perhaps, just perhaps, it was the beginning of something new.

Comments

Popular Posts