If You Want To Know What God Thinks of Money, Just Look At The People He Gave It To" ~Dorothy Parker

I got an experience writing my expected salary on a form when I was applying for a job in a firm. I wrote a big amount of money on it and I still noted: negotiable since I clearly knew that I am just a fresh graduate. The only working experience that I have is a 6-months internship in a public accounting firm as a junior auditor. And bet, since the one who would interview me is the president director (and he is Japanese), he considers the internship as unofficial working experience. Frankly, I didn't hope too much that the company will grant my wish (regarding my expected salary.red). What I expected was that the company will get curious why I wrote that much and start considering my internship as an added value for my professional working experience.

When he start questioning the salary, he questioned me whether I need to write the benefit that I want to gain from the firm besides the salary. It was surprising. Did I really need to do that? yeah, I didn't think I should really do that in the beginning, but since the director himself who asked me to do so, so I open my mouth.

"I wish for other allowance if it is necessary"

And the director wished for clear answer, what kind of allowance that I'd talked about. He started to offer parking allowance, but I should refuse it because I don't have any vehicle. He then decided to offer me meal allowance that straightly granted by me. He explain that the company will pay the over-time, medical-fee and some other allowance that he could not name in detail at that time.

Imagine about true story above. Just imagine that God just give away the money to random people. Yes, here I am just a random girl who was lucky. Frankly said, I am only a fresh graduated girl, have no official experience. The only price that I have is some organization experience written on my resume. And since money is priceless (from God's point of view), He just give it away to whoever he wants. whether that person is clever or stupid, handsome or ugly, generous or greedy, rich or poor, needed or unneeded. Money has just no value for HIM.

Ah ya, unfortunately, I've just refused that job offer. Not because of the salary or the benefits that they are willing to give to me, but I just do not fit with it. And you know what! I just tried to see the God's perspective toward this matter. It is easy to God not to give HIS priceless money to the one who actually need it (in this case is me). Do you see that perspective already?

Comments

Popular Posts